Tuesday, March 24, 2009


Thinking about going long the dollar in IRA.

Stop would be recent low, 24.8, target would be a breakout above past high, about 29. However since this is a more 'boring' trade and my IRA account is only 10k, I might just wait for something more exciting. Currently, half my IRA is long FAZ, now thats exciting!

Friday, March 20, 2009

More Indicators

Found a site that has more indicators than StockCharts. Here it is, I will add a few more to my left side.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

SPY Resistance

Hitting the 50 DMA, a trendline and previous low.

Getting Overbought

I am not sure this is a shortable market yet. These indicators can probably stay overbought till % of stocks above 50 DMA gets overbought as well.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009


Weaker of the ags, can break either way.

Play it for a reject at the trend line or a break out.

Breakout soon.

Strongest financial.

Another storng ag, over extended for now.

Strongest tech, along with NFLX.

This stock can always get going really good.


I have never seen a chart so gross as this.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Financials, keep on going

This post is just to vent. FAS is trading north of 5.7, I sold mine for 3.7ish, thats 2 points I missed, or more than 50%!! Tried calling the bottom, did a very good job (a little early), but then I did not have the balls to ride them up. Guess it is hard to have confidence in this bear market. I should work on that!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mixed Feelings

We aren't even close to being 'overbought' here due to the pain stocks have taken recently. It feels like everyone has turned bullish, I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but the market is moving up with force. I think a good medium term play (1-2 weeks) is to short DTO the ultra long oil fund. If oil moves up or even sideways then this thing will come back to earth. Its a shame I sold FAS so soon, but I did not think the bulls had it in them for all this action. Maybe XLF has really put in a bottom, close to my prediction.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Up Down Volume

Ratio was very high, however, I looked back at the 02 bottom and could not find values this high. Only in this market!

You can see another high ratio day. This was 9-18-07

Here is the ratio of up/down issues.

Out of FAS

Sold, all my FAS at 3.74. Probably should hold for a bit longer, but it feels nice to have big profits. My IRA needs them!

Selling some more

Sold all my UYG, now I only have my 2 FAS purchases for a very nice profit, will hold till end of day at least.

Financials Low

XLF hit a low of 5.88, this is a 84.6% drop from the high of 38.15. Is this the final low? XLF is currently approaching resistance.


I am selling half of my first batch of financials for a slight loss (UYG). My overall position is in the green, so I want to reduce size. Hopefully I will be able to sell the rest of UYG for a slight profit by end of day and I will have my FAS left at an average of 2.74

Friday, March 6, 2009


Some buy signals, wish there were more.

Investors are bearish
% above 50 DMA


XLF is now down 84.5% from its highs. This is the only thing that comforts me in my position. Still hoping for a bounce, my plan is to sell my first entry in UYG close to break even. Hopefully the market gives me this chance.

Thursday, March 5, 2009


I don't trade it but it is fun to watch. It is bouncing from the $90 support, lets see if it can break $100 this time.

Baltic Dry Index

Possible breakout.


Bought some FAS at 2.98, will this be the end of me? One more purchase, FAS below 2.7.

Edit: Probably should've entered lower, my UYG to FAS convergence was off. FAS < 2.95 would have been the appropriate entry.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009


Since XLF has hit my target area, I am starting a position in UYG at 1.77.

I will add more < 1.6

Very speculative.

Bank Failuers

FDIC could be insolvent soon.


Tuesday, March 3, 2009


Was that the rally? Pretty sad. Hopefully one more day of selling and we will setup to have a nice squeeze.

Monday, March 2, 2009


Indicators show slight oversold. There might be a bounce, but don't put your hopes and dreams on it, better to anticipate a bounce lower.